Are you looking to purchase wallpaper for your home, but aren’t sure which type of wallpaper to choose?
Not only does wallpaper improve the aesthetic of your home, but it can also lengthen the lifespan of your walls and make them more durable. But, with so many options out there, how do you know which wallpaper choice is right for your home?
Check out this guide to discover what to consider when choosing wallpaper for your home.
Choose the Right Material
When purchasing wallpaper for your home, one of the biggest things you need to consider is the material. Here are the different materials to consider:
- Solid Sheet Vinyl: This material is thick and easy to clean, and it’s the most durable option on the market. It’s also typically embossed, which can add a lot of beauty and texture to your room
- Vinyl-Coated Paper: This material is durable, washable, and a great option for rooms with high humidity levels, such as bathrooms and laundry rooms
- Vinyl-Coated Fabric: This material has a high degree of protection and durability, and it comes with a natural texture and feel
If you want to avoid vinyl altogether, you can also opt for non-woven wallpaper. This material is breathable and washable, so you never have to worry about mold growing on your wallpaper. It’s also easy to install and remove, as it comes off in one long strip.
Consider the Design
Another major element you need to consider is the wallpaper’s design. If your wall’s surface has imperfections, you may want to opt for textured or patterned wallpaper.
If you want your space to have a more refined look, we suggest sticking with simple colors and a smooth design. Here are some other things to keep in mind when it comes to wallpaper design:
- Horizontal stripes will make your ceiling look shorter and your room look wider
- Vertical stripes will make your ceiling appear higher and will add volume to a room
- A light wallpaper background will make your room appear larger, and a dark background will make a room appear smaller
- To add depth to a room, consider wall paper with 3D styles
Also, keep in mind that larger patterns can make a room appear smaller.
Consider the Color
One of the biggest things you need to take into consideration is the color of the wallpaper. Cool colors, like violet, green, and blue, will make your space appear larger.
Soft cool colors will add tranquility to your space, while dramatic cool colors will freshen up your space and bring it to life. Warm colors, like yellow, red, and orange, can make your space feel cozier.
When choosing a wallpaper color, you should also consider the color palette of the rest of the room. The best thing to do is to use an accent color as the main color in your wallpaper to create contrast and drama.
For example, if your coffee table has gold accents, you can choose a wallpaper that has gold stripes.
Wallpaper Choice: Are You Ready to Buy New Wallpaper?
Now that you’ve read this wallpaper choice guide, it’s time for you to purchase new wallpaper. Pretty soon, your room will have a fresh new look thanks to your new wallpaper.
Be sure to check back in with our blog for more home decor tips and tricks.