The healthy food pyramid is a group of foods divided into several groups that are important in building the body and helping to control the weight, and it has a hierarchical base that illustrates the important dietary types that humans must take daily according to their prescribed quantities according to weight, sex and physical activity, the category Young people need protein and energy because the amount of energy spent is greater while in women need iron-rich foods to compensate for what they lose due to the menstrual cycle, the US Department of Agriculture has developed this pyramid as an illustration of those foods to be eaten daily, and following this pyramid reduces From disease or vitamin deficiency, which is the cornerstone of a healthy life.
- A mentor and guide for individuals who want to have a healthy life, there are many pyramid schemes that suit each individual’s health condition.
- Reduces the risk of cancer and diabetes.
- Contains all foods containing vitamins and fats dissolved in water, minerals and antioxidants that protect against inflammation.
- Protects the body from diseases of the arteries and veins.
- This model was issued in 2019 and is based on the food division by calories.
- The food is divided according to the daily needs of the individual.
- This model is characterized by the fact that it does not set daily quotas, but rather shows the amount of vegetables the person must eat and then the grains and meat and the dairy is the side dish of those daily rations.
Food pyramid Groups
- The first group: it occupies the top of the pyramid, and the body’s need is few, such as oils and fats such as ghee, vegetable oil, butter and sugars, as it works to provide the body with energy and increase its use causes many diseases.
- The second group: Dairy, cheese, milk etc. This group is important because it builds bones and teeth and supplies the body with the necessary calcium.
- The third group: Protein It is an important variety of slices, including red and white meats, fish and seafood such as oysters and caviar, and this collection contains many grain sources such as white beans, lentils, chickpeas, beans and eggs.
- The fourth group: Vegetables and fruits This group is the foundation of the food pyramid because many people neglect it, where vegetables work to supply the body with fibers, salts and vitamins that protect against diseases, where the deficiency of vitamins with many health problems is so Stress on eating vegetables and fruits.
- The fifth group: It includes grains and occupies the bottom of the pyramid and includes pasta, bulgur, rice and bread and is the first source of energy that the individual equipped to complement the rest of the daily activities.