Sexual harassment in the workplace is increasing with time. Though women sexual harassment cases are reaching over 70%, men at many places are also getting victimized of the vile act. The US Federal Law and the individual state laws stand by the harassed individuals as all employees have their rights. Unfortunately, if you’ve experienced any misconduct at a workplace that is mentally and physically annoying then instead of bearing with the constant misconduct, immediately divulge details to the HR or concerned position holder. If the employer denies ensuring any support because of the lack of circumstantial evidence and try to put you in a wrong position by sending a termination letter, immediately contact a lawyer. Contact one of the finest Queens Sexual Harassment Lawyers at a reputed solicitor firm to help you out of the situation when mentally and physically you feel drained.
What will be the next moves when sexually harassed at workplace?
- Discuss the matter with your family and close friends instead of digesting it.
- Sexual harassment is not always physically, many bosses and coworkers vomit vile comments which have a sexual undertone. Don’t bear it as you’ve got rights.
- Peacefully read the employers’ handbook thoroughly and check whether they offer a system to complaint against sexual harassment. If they have then talk to the concerned person and explain what happened. As for these situations, employers are dragged to the legal affairs and their reputation is compromised.
- If the employers turn a cold shoulder, consult an experienced sexual harassment lawyer immediately. Let the expert know the case and guide you throughout the process.
- Learn about your rights and how the accused can be guilty and what’ll be the outcome.
- Don’t resign from the job or you’ll weaken the case.
Let the lawyer stand by you and your rights and help you to receive justice.