Every year JIPMER conducts its entrance examination to select students for the undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses. There are 150 seats in MBBS in Puducherry JIPMER and 50 seats in Karaikal JIPMER. JIPMER MBBS entrance exam is, therefore, held for 200 seats. Hundreds and thousands of students sit for JIPMER entrance test to secure a berth in any one of the JIPMERs to pursue MBBS.
JIPMER MBBS is a national level online examination held in June usually. The exam is conducted by JIPMER Puducherry. To know about the relevant dates of JIPMER 2020, the candidates are required to visit the official website of JIPMER. Here we have tabularized the tentative dates of JIPMER 2020:
|Events of JIPMER 2020||Tentative Dates|
|Commencement of Application||1st week of March 2020|
|Last Date of Submitting Application||2nd week of April 2020|
|Date of Examination||1st week of June 2020|
|First Counselling||Last week of June 2020|
|Second Counselling||3rd week of July 2020|
|Third Counselling||3rd week of August 2020|
|4th Counselling||3rd week of September 2020|
|Closing of Admission||Last week of September 2020|
|Commencement of MBBS Class||1st week of July|
JIPMER examination conducting body has mentioned eligibility criteria in its brochure. The candidates who have passed their 10+2 Board Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English securing 50% marks in aggregate (40% marks for reserved category candidates), or have appeared their class XII Board Examination are eligible to sit for JIPMER entrance examination. The candidates must be an Indian national. Indian citizens living overseas must submit their registration certificate as OCI to be eligible for this examination. Moreover, the candidates must be of 17 years. Here, are JIPMER eligibility criteria at a glance:
Candidates must be Indian citizens
- Indian Citizens living overseas or NRIs may sit for JIPMER. But they have to produce citizenship proof which is registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955. The registration certificate as OCI is to be submitted at the time of application
- The Foreign Nationals may sit for JIPMER after taking permission from Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Those who have passed their 10+2 Board Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as subjects, securing 50% marks in aggregate are eligible to sit for JIPMER examination.
- There is a relaxation of marks for the reserved category candidates. These candidates must have to score 45% in aggregate in their 10+2 Board examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as subjects.
- The candidates who have appeared their 10+2 Board examination in the current year may also appear for JIPMER examination. But they have to produce the mark sheet of their Board Examination at the time of admission.
- The minimum age limit for JIPMER is 17 years for all candidates.
- A candidate can appear for JIPMER thrice.
JIPMER 20220 Application Form:
Before applying for JIPMER examination, the candidates must read the prospectus carefully. However, to sit for examination, the candidates are required to fill up JIPMER registration and application form. JIPMER Application form fill up procedure is done online. The process of filling up registration and application form will begin from the first week of March 2020 and will continue till the 2nd week of April 2020. To fill up the registration form they need to have an email id and a valid mobile number. To fill up the application form, they must keep the result of the previous examination, photograph, identity proof (Aadhar Card or Voter ID) at hand. To complete the registration and application procedure, they have to visit the official website of JIPMER.
Here, is a step by step detail of application form fill up procedure:
- First of all, they must visit the official website of JIPMER, and click on JIPMER Application link
- Next, they fill up the registration form inserting their email id, mobile number.
- Soon, they will receive an id and password in their mobile and email address
- Now, they will use the id and password to login the site for the application form fill up
- Then, they can fill up the application form using personal details like name, address, date of birth, identity proof, mobile number, academic qualification, choice of centre, father’s/guardian’s name etc.
- After, they should upload their scanned photograph and signature according to the required size
- They should pay the application fee online either through the credit/debit card or using net banking facility.
- Now, they can submit the application form
- Now, they can wait for the admit card to be issued online.
The candidates must be very careful while filling up the registration and application form. JIPMER does not open the application window for a correction. The application fee for the general candidates is Rs. 1500 and for the reserved category candidates is Rs. 1200. The candidates may take a print out of the application form and keep it with them as proof.