Incontinence is a condition of the bladder and bowel that haunts many people.
It is predominant in older adults, especially women. However, men have also had their fair share of incontinence related issues.
Products like bed pads are great for reducing leaks in the bed. But when you’re out and about, you need something more versatile. Thus, men’s incontinence pants are an excellent investment for those who prioritise convenience.
What Are the Benefits of Incontinence Pants?
Incontinence prevents you from carrying out your daily tasks comfortably. There is a general sense of unease, embarrassment and inconvenience surrounding the condition.
According to the Incontinence Foundation of Australia, incontinence affects an estimated 30% of men who visit the doctor.
Men living with incontinence may harbour a feeling of fear and anxiety. This usually stems from the fear of the protection not being discreet enough.
The incontinence product market is diverse and constantly growing. Nowadays, companies offer a wide selection of incontinence pants for men to choose from. Some benefits of using incontinence pants include:
- Higher absorbency: These pants are designed for heavier incontinence. It is a great choice for men who want high absorbency. Alternatively, there are pants with lower absorbency for light leaks.
- Waterproof: Incontinence pants are generally designed to be waterproof as it prevents leaks.
- Ideal for incontinence: There are different pants suitable for managing urinal and faecal incontinence.
- No odour: Advanced odour-control systems allow you to go about your day without unpleasant smells.
- Two-in-one feature: Incontinence pants serve as both a pant and a pad. This eliminates the need to buy the two separately.
What Are the Types of Incontinence Pants Available for Men?
There are two types of incontinence pants available for men. They are reusable and disposable pants.
You can throw out disposable pants after a single use. Reusable ones are usually washable and can be repurposed several times. You can choose a type that fits your preference and lifestyle the best.
Choosing the Right One
Companies offer a diverse collection of incontinence products for men that can be overwhelming.
The right pants will differ from person to person. Consider factors like lifestyle, physical activity, leakage and frequency to find the right product. Here are some points to help you while shopping for one:
- Compatibility: Buy a pant with high absorbency if you have heavy incontinence. Less absorbent options are great for moderate leaks.
- Budget: Compare prices and choose a pant near your price range. However, it would be best if you did not compromise on efficiency for a lower cost.
- Size: Ensure that you pick the correct size. It should fit you snugly.
- Breathability: Choose a pant that effectively controls your leaks while allowing air circulation.
- Skin-friendly: Check the materials before purchasing if you have sensitive skin.
- Customer satisfaction: Choose a reliable brand and check reviews to decide if it’s the right fit for you.
Incontinence can make life extremely inconvenient. Many men suffer its effects but do not speak out about it.
It is crucial to remind yourself that it is a condition, and it shouldn’t have to feel embarrassing. Despite the leaks and discomfort, there are products like the men’s incontinence pants to help you.
Speaking to your doctor can help find treatments, triggers and proper medication to keep your incontinence under control.